HBS is looking to recruit a proficient writer/editor currently based in the Paris area.
The successful applicant will have experience in producing material for print and online media, sub-editing and proofreading English language content, familiarity with design and publishing software, an eye for detail and the ability to work quickly and accurately in order to meet deadlines.
English mother-tongue, or an exceptionally high standard of written English, will be required as the majority of publications will be produced and distributed in English. A good level of French, and/or other languages, is also desirable.
Specific tasks will include generating content for internal/external publications, presentations, corporate websites and social media accounts; managing content on client websites and updating database software (document archives, photograph libraries); integrating and formatting content into template documents; some design of graphics for inclusion in documentation.
The position will occasionally require international travel and the necessity to work overseas for periods of several months.
The position relevant technical skills include:
– Proficient with Adobe Creative Suite software (InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator…)
– Familiar with CMS and maintenance of website back-end
– Proficient with MS Office software (MS Word, Excel, Powerpoint…)
The position relevant soft skills include:
– Ability to work under pressure and deliver to deadlines
– Proactive work attitude, happy working as a team member and taking on tasks as required
– Strong communication skills, working in a team that is made of many nationalities
– A fast-learner, ability to quickly understand instruction and methodology of new or unfamiliar software
– An eye for detail, cross-referencing and ability to proofread quickly and accurately
– English spoken and written
– Additional languages a bonus
Note: Interested applicants based outside of France, please be aware this position is budgeted under ‘local’ recruitment and HBS will not cover relocation costs (transportation, accommodation, etc…).
Please send CV and Cover Letter to firstname.lastname@example.org