Business Controller 100% (m/f)
The HBS Group Finance function provides accounting, controlling, treasury and reporting services to five legal entities based in Paris, Zug, Munich and the respective host country of one of our major events. To enhance our young and evolving finance team in Zug, we are looking for an ambitious, highly motivated, and hands-on.
Business Controller serves as a general business partner and operational support, monitors the performance of the HBS Group, projects, events and divisions, performs financial analysis, delivers monthly updates and reports.
In this role, you will be responsible for:
- Cooperating and supporting operational functions on projects’ budgeting. Acting as a Business Partner, giving decision-making support and proving financial analysis.
- Consulting, supporting and challenging for optimization of financial performance and profitability in responsible areas.
- Delivering financial planning and reporting of projects and subsidiaries, in collaboration with the finance team and other divisions within the Group.
- Monitoring project costs, revenues and cash flow, updating the monthly projects forecasts and reports.
- Preparing the annual budget and long-term strategic planning.
- Providing assistance, support and collaborating with the accounting team.
- Having coordinating role within all divisions of the HBS Group and maintaining a close relationship with the Infront Group Finance team.
- Actively supporting the Senior Manager Controlling in his function.
- Bachelor or Master Degree (FH/HF/University) in Finance (with majors in Financial Controlling or Accounting), Business Economics, Administration or related fields.
- A minimum of 4 to 5 years working-experience in Financial Controlling & reporting, analysis or auditing, ideally in an international business environment, with exposure to project accounting and controlling.
- Well versed in IT, comprehensive knowledge of MS Office (especially Excel).
- Good knowledge of general accounting practices, including IFRS.
- Well-organised and structured with excellent analytical skills (in particular financial analysis expertise).
- Strong foresight and future driven.
- Flair for problem-solving with own initiative and reliable.
- Team player with good communication skills.
- Good ability to adapt to a dynamic and multicultural environment.
- Capacity for learning / sense of curiosity.
- Fluent in English (German and French would be an asset).
- Goes without saying, a great person to work with.
You will be part of a small international team working on various events. The start date is in January 2021 or after the arrangement.