ENG Workflow Engineer
Job title: FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022™ ENG Workflow Engineer
Dates: 30/10/2022 – 31/12/2022
Contract type: CDD (Local Hire)
Location: QNCC, Doha, Qatar
Direct manager: Manager Digital Technology IBC
Grade: Coordinator / Officer
Host Broadcast Services (HBS) is the official Host Broadcaster of the FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022™ to be held in Qatar from November 21st to December 18th, 2022. As host broadcaster, it is HBS’ role to produce all the images and sounds of all 64 matches of the FIFA World Cup™. This production is then distributed to the various media companies around the world who have bought the rights to this event. Once distributed, these global television, radio and other media companies broadcast HBS’ pictures to the millions of people around the world who cannot be present in Qatar.
HBS is looking for people who enjoy working in a fast-paced international environment, are highly customer service oriented, team players, quick learners, and have a strong sense of responsibility. In addition, a hands-on approach, flexibility, and the ability to work under pressure are required.
Day-to-day activities include:
- Support ENG crews in case of network-related issues between the field and IBC systems.
- Support the Production department of HBS with ENG videos transfer related workflows
- Interface for technical questions between HBS departments and HBS main suppliers for ENG and File Transfer Acceleration (FTA) solutions.
- Solve first-level issues on various suppliers’ systems
- Support the troubleshooting of suppliers and HBS departments related to ENG, Cellular and FTA workflows
- Coordinate support cases and take ownership on the resolution of communication and communication flow management
- Summarize issues and resolution information and distributing them to all relevant people
- Create daily reports about activities, issues and the state of operations
- Develop video transfer workflows for live streamed and file-based operations; ENG acquisition and File transfer accelerated deliveries.
- Configure server and client systems for ENG and FTA purposes
- Help with the pre-tournament setup and documentation of all ENG ingest points
- Integrate a monitoring solution to oversee the different ENG file transfer operations throughout Qatar
Position Relevant Skills & Experience
Technical skills and knowledge
- Understanding of IP networking technologies and protocols
- Track record of successfully developed, designed and implemented setups in various IT or broadcast projects
- Knowledge about scripting languages is highly desirable
- Understanding sports production workflows
- Knowledge of router and network components technology
- Technology enthusiast – a keen interest in, and excellent understanding of current trends and developments
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Proactive attitude and entrepreneurial spirit
- Highly organised
- Effective project and time management skills
- Background in broadcast productions and technology
- Experience working on file-based workflow environments, with Cellular acquisition systems and file transfer acceleration solutions highly desirable.
- Experience with IT support infrastructure and workflows is beneficial
- Fluent English (spoken and written). French or German would be beneficial
How to Apply
- Please send your resume by email to Nathalie Bertrix in the HBS HR Department: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please Note: This Job Description is a true reflection of the expected responsibilities for this position at the time of writing, but it is not an exclusive list of the tasks to be undertaken as they may evolve over time. HBS staff needs to have a willingness to undertake other tasks than those listed in this Job Description as required (potentially on other projects).