FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022TM Logistics Freight Assistant
- Start Date: 22 January
- Department: Logistics
- Location: HBS Offices, Boulogne-Billancourt, France
- Manager: Logistics Freight Coordinator
The role of the Logistics Freight Assistant is to support the Logistics Freight Coordinator in the planning, administration and execution of international and domestics freight operations of the 2022 FIFA World Cup held in Qatar.
Under the supervision of the Logistics Freight Coordinator, the Logistics Freight Assistant will work closely with all HBS departments (i.e Production, Engineering, Digital, Information, Finance, etc…), the appointed freight forwarder as well as international suppliers to deliver all relevant services on time and within budget.
HBS is looking for a candidate, with logistics (and ideally courier/freight) experience, able to adapt to various international environments and to work on various projects at the same time.
Required qualities are:
- Service-oriented behaviour
- Great involvement and enthusiasm
- Sense of responsibility
- Depending on the event, assist the Logistics Freight Coordinator for the organisation of FWC22 international and domestic freight operations according to needs and customs procedures, in cooperation with the appointed freight forwarder
- Follow shipments execution and report to the Freight Coordinator
- Organise the international and domestics couriers’ services during the operational period in liaison with all HBS departments and logistics staff at the venues
- Keep all spreadsheets, documents and archives updated on the intranet
- Invoicing and freight budget support (invoice checking, ensuring HBS financial procedures are followed)
- Previous experience on international events especially on logistics operations, preferably in both planning and operational roles
- Flexible and good communication skills to spread the information (many stakeholders: HBS departments, freight forwarder, LOC, local suppliers, operational staff on site…)
- Excellent IT skills, in particular MS Word and Excel
- Detailed, organized and thorough in checking documents (Excel documents for customs)
- HBS Logistics staff
- Other HBS departments
- Freight forwarders
- Logistics staff on site
- English (fluent spoken & written)
- French (a plus)
- Any other one (an advantage)
Please Note: This Job Description is a true reflection of the expected responsibilities for this position at the time of writing, but it is not an exclusive list of the tasks to be undertaken as they may evolve over time. HBS staff needs to have a willingness to undertake other tasks than those listed in this Job Description as required.