Main Purpose & Scope of The Job
- Manage various Live Production deliverables during the preparation phase and the execution of the FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022TM, with a strong focus on Remote Production concepts and workflows.
- Start Date: February 2021
- End Date: January 2023
- Department: Production
- Location: Boulogne-Billancourt, France & Doha, Qatar (Event Time)
HBS is looking for people who enjoy working in a fast-paced international environment, are highly customer service oriented, can learn quickly, have a strong sense of responsibility and work well as part of a team. In addition, a hands-on approach, flexibility, and the ability to work under pressure are required.
Host Broadcast Services (HBS) is the official Host Broadcaster of the FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022™. As host broadcaster, it is HBS’ role on behalf of FIFA to produce all images and sounds of all 64 matches of the FIFA World Cup™, Match Day-1 Trainings, Press Conferences etc. The content is distributed to Media Rights Licensees around the world who have bought the rights to broadcast the event. Once distributed, these global television, radio and other media companies broadcast HBS’ pictures to the millions of people around the world. The Mandate also has a strong focus on assisting broadcasters around the world, either at the Stadiums, the International Broadcast Centre (IBC) in Doha, Qatar or back at their Headquarters in their respective home countries.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Develop project-specific production and communication workflows for the Live Multi-Feed and Match Day-1 training productions.
- Contractual and operational management of external technical & staffing suppliers such as OB providers, Special Camera systems or Aerial contractors
- Preparation of operational guidelines for staff § Presenting operational procedures to event time staff
- Liaison between HBS editorial and engineering teams
- Development of scheduling processes
- Management of live production & related operational tasks within the IBC Production Centre
- Planning, scheduling and coordinating the live centralised production and associated distribution
- Coordination with guarantee engineers & operators in the technical management areas
- Attendance to management & production team meetings to ensure consistent and efficient planning of operations throughout the event
- Assessing operational and technical issues
- Liaison with all HBS departments
- Reports to the Head of Production Management and to the Senior Production Managers
Skills & Responsibilities
- Strong Production Management background ideally with a good knowledge of on-site and on remote production workflows
- Excellent knowledge of all relevant broadcast production procedures preferably with a focus on live sports production
- Experience coordinating live production galleries with master control room, satellite transmission & streaming facilities.
- Ability to organise & schedule staff and facilities
- Previous working experiences in Qatar and other countries in that area are beneficial but not essential
- Budget Management
- Experience in client-facing working environments including strong diplomatic and negotiating skills
- Experience in managing suppliers
- Open and available to worldwide travel, with some trips over longer durations
- English fluent (spoken & written)
- Additional languages would be beneficial