Primary Purpose & Scope of the Job
The Production Manager develops and manages multiple deliverables during project preparation and operational phases.
This includes production plans, contracting, staffing, scheduling, and budget forecasting. They support the management of a team of coordinators allocated to different projects. The Production Manager works and collaborates with other HBS departments on technical and content-related matters related to production deliverables.
- Job Title: Production Manager
- Project: Multiple
- Company: Host Broadcast Services France (HBS)
- Department: Production
- Reports to: Head of Production Management
- Place of work: Paris/Boulogne-Billancourt
- Start date: February 2024
- End date: TBC
- Contract: Fixed-term contract
Company and Assignment Details
HBS offers expertise and experience in project managing the delivery of the most prestigious sports events worldwide.
As an award-winning company recognised as a leader in the industry, HBS is known for driving innovation in both our editorial content and technical solutions. HBS is based in Switzerland, with its planning headquarters in France (Paris/Boulogne-Billancourt).
To support various upcoming projects, HBS is looking for a highly motivated Production Manager who will join a growing international team based in Paris/Boulogne-Billancourt.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Develop live and non-live production plans and workflows in close collaboration with the editorial and technical teams
- The development and forecasting of production budgets
- Contractual and operational management of sub-contractors, technical and staffing suppliers
- Develop and implement event-time staff training programmes and corresponding documentation
- Optimisation and further development of existing scheduling processes
- Scheduling of production deliverables centralised as well as stadium-based
- Collaboration and communication with all other HBS departments
- All HBS departments
- Client entities
Skills & Abilities
- Minimum of three years of TV production management experience
- Strong knowledge of on-site and remote production workflows and delivery of large-scale productions
- Tournament experience and experience with a focus on Sports productions are beneficial.
- Ability to organise and schedule staff and facilities
- Fluent in English. Spanish and French proficiency may be a plus
- Previous experiences in managing teams and sub-contractors and delivering budgets
- Experiences in Client-Facing environments with the need for diplomatic and negotiation skills
- Open to travel, including long-term stays
- Flexibility, Analytic thinking and ability to work under pressure
- Willingness to work in a growing, international team
- Proactive and excellent organisational skills
- Ability to multitask and switch between multiple projects
- Open to continuous adaptation and evolution of existing procedures
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Expected to work a minimum of 3 days per week in the office in Paris/Boulogne-Billancourt