Building your broadcast…
“In our line of work, planning and precision make perfect.”
“You wouldn’t believe it when you see grand-scale installations, but every centimetre counts when it comes to ensuring technical facilities are operating when the broadcasters arrive. Our job isn’t finished when the event starts and the signals are safely transmitting, we make it our mission to cater to the needs of all the broadcasters right up until they pack their last cases into the truck. After all, their premises are their home away from home, and everything has to work like clockwork.”
Building Your Broadcast
An International Broadcast Centre is not just a workplace, it is a home. For broadcasters covering your major sporting event, they will spend endless hours within its walls, often far from family and friends. The design and delivery of this structure must then be considered by experts in the field, attentive to more than just the metres and inches of defined space and the wood, metal and fibres required to put it together. While functionality is the key priority at all times, an overview of the aesthetic, ambience and accessibility must be taken into account. Your IBC must be an environment where its inhabitants are happy to spend their days, with services, signage and comforts both considered and provided.
Source the Right Team
The best-suited personnel, whether local or international, will be assembled to build your broadcast structure.
- An initial understanding of the most cost-effective methods, and surveying the local market of suppliers and contractors, ensure that the scale of your IBC can be kept in line with budget requirements – always with sustainability and future recycling of materials kept in mind. The overall planning and management of a build are handled by highly-experienced staff with the vision to see the challenges and potential complications of an installation in advance.
- The final steps of the journey are implemented by crews hand-picked for the role following rigorous recruitment procedures. A methodology that ensures the best team for the job, given the local scenario, will be deployed to construct your facility.
Be bold and brave in your thinking when it comes to new ways to present content.
- HBS’ years of experience have covered all eventualities and numerous approaches to finding a suitable solution for the installation and operation of facilities in all types of environments. For example, the 7th Asian Winter Games Astana-Almaty 2011, where the designated space available for the project was a former nightclub on the 11th floor of the Almaty Towers business complex. The IGBS construction team made it work.
- It is never as simple as hiring a spacious exhibition centre and taking a drag-and-drop cookie-cutter approach to installing multilateral and unilateral areas. Sometimes it can be quite a challenge. HBS’ years of experience have covered all eventualities and numerous approaches to finding a suitable solution for the installation and operation of facilities in all types of environments.
Studio With a View
Broadcasters want viewers to see they are at the centre of the action in the host country.
- It is no longer enough to provide a central broadcast hub, away from the action and the flavour of the host cities. Outside presentation studios, accompanied by an iconic backdrop that identifies the city or country hosting the sporting event, have fast become an essential component of a complete coverage plan for broadcasters.
- Whether a grouped solution shared by several rights holders or a tailored answer to individual requests, HBS’ construction team can use its unique position in the country to provide a service for multiple broadcasters or facilitate a unilateral concept from the drawing board to reality.
You are not just building walls, rooms and facilities with an IBC. You are building your broadcast, and in turn, the perception of your event. A solid and reliable structure, providing broadcasters with a comfortable and functional base, and, if necessary, a showcase window onto the host country, is the sturdy – and essential – platform required to deliver a successful event.
Facts & Figures
Major broadcasting structures planned and delivered by HBS (to end of 2019)
The average number of nationalities involved in delivering the IBC/structure
Largest IBC surface area constructed by HBS